Saturday, June 17, 2006

Lazy Saturday

June 17, 2006

WARNING: The following blog entry is probably too irrelevant for those of you who don't really know me or my friends, Dru and Arianna. Most of what you're about to read is for the benefit of our mutual friends. If you are our friends, the following is still just a documentation of an uneventful day. It still means a lot to me, because I love them. If you're still reading this, enjoy.

Saturday in Huntingdon. What's a tourist to do? Actually, today I'd planned to go to London with Dru and Arianna to see the Queen on parade, Buckingham Palace, art galleries, and all the usual London goodness. I got some good info from Suzanne (from SUMO) about cool places to go and special events happening in London this morning.

Unfortunately, we grossly overslept.



We pretty much kept it an entirely lazy day. The only thing really worth mentioning is my trip to the local bird conservatory. A small collection of endangered birds for humans to enjoy. Here's a peak at some of the birds I saw. Most were in cages. Kinda depressing really.













5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

poor birds. I guess it's good that they're being 'conserved/protected', but i feel bad knowing they're supposed to be flying around, but they can't.

snipes...

8:12 AM  
Blogger Justin Gammon said...

They do get out once in a while. Apparently the conservatory keepers/voulnteers/trainers let the birds fly around. The birds actually come back too. I think the volunteers starve them first.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Justin Gammon said...

It's just blind contour drawing. They're always fun to do, because you never know what you're gonna get.

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The birds are kept in cages until the English are ready to make them in to Cornish Pasties...

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you think England is a blast you should have been at the reunion in PA this weekend. Awesome. I don't care what your plans are, but for the next reunion you WILL be there. Love the blog. I am so glad you are keeping everyone up to date. As a mother, when you get "home", remember the thank you's to your host families and friends, and your employer who has made all this possible. Now you owe them!!!!!!!

Love,

Mom

Let us know when you're coming "home" which means to pick up Murray and visit with your brother which I hope will be the weekend after you hit the States. Murray loves us. She's a spoiled brat!!!!!!

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home